The Adventures of F.L. Mingo

Frustrated being penned up in Mark Dean's back yard, I fled Missoula to travel the country and absorb some new atmospheres!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Lots of Black Pictures



As I was wondering through Tennessee, a sign caught my eye- it had an image of a Viking ship and told me to "Come see the Lost Sea!" Being an obedient tourist, I listened, and investigated further. I kept seeing signs, but still had no clue what the hell this thing was. Was it a boat from ages past that got land locked when the sea suddenly dissappeared? The suspense was killing me!! When I finally arrived, I discovered it was a cave tour that featured a large underground lake... sounded a bit too educational but I went for it anyway. I took a lot of photos I wish I could show you, but apparently this cave is magical and turns most of your photos black. I must say, caves are interesting! You can build a bar down in these things and make your own alcohol- or atleast somebody did here once upon a time. Oh and there were some stalagamajigs and drippydoodles, or something like that in here too... but I was more interested in the brewery story. When the tour guide pointed out the old still that still existed in the cave I couldn't resist the temptation and had to jump off the path and check it out. What a fantastic discovery! The staff was still secretly brewing moonshine in it! Unfortunately, I drank a wee bit too much and the tour guide and I... well, you know what they say, "There's a time and place for everything, and is called 'College'" ... I suppose I'll need to enroll at the University when I get home for this excuse to work.