The Adventures of F.L. Mingo

Frustrated being penned up in Mark Dean's back yard, I fled Missoula to travel the country and absorb some new atmospheres!

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Town To Call My Own




Colorado has finally thawed out enough to let me continue my travels. I stopped at the Tower Museum to "See 6 States" as all the signs proclaim. I guess I saw all 6, but without the borders drawn out it all looked like the same flat plain as far as I could see. As much fun as this was (well, none really) Kansas had the biggest surprise I will likely encounter... As you can see word of my travels has spread and I've gained enough support to have a town named for me!! From the highway I could barely make out the town. I expected to march into a sprawling pink metropolis and to be greeted by the fanfare of a citywide tickertape parade. Instead I was greeted by a few stray dogs... apparently the Gas and Telephone signs from the highway were all that really was in the town. I was too early to catch the sermon at the Mingo Bible Church, but it's probably better not to let these town folk get over excited by actually meeting their savior. Besides, I've already heard the stories they have to tell and know how great I am. I wish I could have spent more time here, but really 5 minutes was enough to see everything my town had to offer. I'll come back in 2008 when the monument to me is complete.